A Bomb Threat is a threat, usually verbal or written, to detonate an explosive or incendiary device to cause property damage, death, or injuries, whether or not such a device actually exists. Typically delivered by telephone the majority of such threats are intended to cause disruption, revenge or play practical jokes, rather than warning of real devices.
- Call Public Safety: 305-243-6000.
- Use the UM Bomb Threat Data Form.
- If you receive a bomb threat via phone ask the following questions:
- What time/day is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your address?
- What is your name?
- Attempt to identify the characteristics of the caller:
- Male or Female
- Sober or Intoxicated
- Nervous or Calm
- Other identifiable characteristics in the caller’s voice
- Background noise