ADVISORY – UHealth Tower Emergency Repairs- Traffic Patterns Impact and Closures – August 20, 2021
Facilities Operations & Planning along with contracted partners, will perform necessary emergency structural repairs and waterproofing at portion of elevated driveway road and pedestrian sidewalks at UHealth Tower. Temporary traffic patterns will be set up in order to complete the necessary infrastructure repairs.
Work will begin on August 23,2021 at 4:00 A.M. and will continue through October 2,2021 at 4:00 P.M.
Aerial view of activity areas:
Schedule of activity:
|Concrete Demolition & Repair||1.5 weeks|
|Surface Preparation||1 week|
|Re-striping / Re-paint||0.5 week|
|Expansion & Caulk Joint Replacement||1.5 weeks|
|Vehicle & Pedestrian Traffic Coating||1.5 weeks|
|Driveway road and sidewalks planned for structural repair and waterproofing will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic for a duration not to exceed 6 weeks.|
|Valet drop off remains open. Drive lanes to garage will be closed with barricades. Re-directional signage will be provided, vehicles to enter garage through entrances accessible via 14th street.|
|Pedestrian traffic to level 2 northside of garage entrance/exit will be closed. Re-directional signage will be provided and pedestrians will be re-routed to level 3 northside garage entrance exit.|
|Sidewalk to level 2||Pedestrian ramp to level 2 open|
|Staff door at level 2 closed||Pedestrian pathway at northside closed|
|Pedestrian traffic will be re-routed to level 3 garage entrance/exit passageway. Re-directional signage will be provided as required at level 2 closure points.|
|Level 3 garage exit open||Ramp to level 3 remains open|
|Vehicle entry/exit at ground level remains open.||Vehicle exit/entrance to level 2 Driveway ramp closed.|
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work together to maintain the infrastructure of our facilities.
If you have any questions, please contact Shawn Conn, Project Manager – Facilities Design & Construction at (305) 989-6212 or (305) 243-8130. You may email Facilities@med.miami.edu.
General County Traffic Information:
The roads immediately around the Medical Campus are often congested with vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Accidents, construction, and events can significantly impact the severity of traffic. Below is general traffic information, alternative routing, and known major construction projects.
Miami-Dade County posts traffic conditions in real-time through their “Movn” website
Medical Campus Street Congestion: Alternative Access to 836
The roads immediately around the Medical Campus are generally congested with vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Faculty and staff are urged to consider utilizing one of the following alternate routes for accessing 836 when possible:
- 836 West – take Bob Hope Road and continue south on 10th Avenue to northwest 11th Street. Turn right (west) on 11th Street and continue west to NW North River Dr. Veer left onto NW North River Drive to NW 17th Ave.
- 836 East/ West – take northwest 16th street west by the VA Medical Center to northwest 14th Avenue, then turn left (south) to northwest 14th street where you can veer right to 836… OR take northwest 20th street west to 17th or 27th Avenue. Turn left (south) on either avenue to the 836 west bound ramp.
Medical Campus Street Congestion: Alternative Access to I-95
The roads within immediately around the Medical Campus are generally congested with vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Faculty and staff are urged to consider utilizing one of the following alternate routes for accessing I-95 when possible:
- I-95 North/ South – take Bob Hope Road and continue north on NW 10th Avenue. After you cross NW 36 street turn right (east) onto the I-95 on-ramps.
- I-95 North/ South – take NW 12th Avenue north. After your cross NW 36th Street, turn right (east) on NW 39th Street to the I-95 north bound on-ramp.
- I-95 North/ South – take Bob Hope Road and continue south on 10th Avenue to northwest 11th Street. Turn right (west) on 11th Street to 12th Avenue. Turn right on 12th Avenue and enter the ramp to east bound 836 which leads to I-95 north or south.